Wall of the Monastery of Our Savior and Transfiguration in Yaroslavl

21 vots
Presa el 05/01/11
During the history of the Monastery, numerous reconstructions changed the defensive buildings. The earliest stone walls and towers were erected in 50s of the 16th century. After the military events of the beginning of the 17th century, new fortress walls were raised. Fragments of these fortifications remain until now: the Water Gates, the Tower of the Virgin (1623) and the Uglich Tower, and also curtain wall between them.

Through arrowslit the Church of the Epiphany (http://www.yarmp.yar.ru/index.php?title=Church_of_the_Epiphany&;uselang=en ) is visible.
Continuar llegint +

Autor:

Andrew Varlamov
Membre Argent
Distingit

Latitud: 57° 37' 17" N, Longitud: 39° 53' 14" E veure »

Lloc: Russian Federation

Deixa el teu comentari:

[ * ] = camps obligatoris.
El teu nom: *
El camp de correu electrònic és obligatori, però no apareixerà publicat en la pàgina web.
El teu correu electrònic: *
La teua pàgina web:
El teu comentari: *