Ura Kidane Mehret Church another side, Near Bahardar, Ethiopia.
The convent was founded in the 14th century by the saint Betre Mariyam (Amharic "Rod of Mary"), although the present circular church dates from the 16th century. Its wall are decorated with numerous murals painted between 100 and 250 years ago; subjects include Negus Tekle Haymanot of Gojjam and his followers. The most significant were painted by Alaqa Engida during the reign of Emperor Menelik II. The church has its treasury in a nearby outbuilding, which contains the richly embroidered robes of Negus Tekle Haymanot and his wife Laqetch Gegre Mehdin, as well as the crowns of Emperor Yohannes IV, Emperor Tewodros II, Negus Tekle Haymanot, and Emperor Tekle Giyorgis.
A permanent exhibition of court carriages of the eighteenth - early twentieth centuries is conducted in the former Duty Stables building that was...
The mansion was build in 1901-1904 by architect Silvio Dagnini.
A little piece of Paradise located on top of a hill with a magnificent view into the countryside.
The railway station was built in 1901, connecting Swakopmund with Windhoek. The station building, declared a national monument in 1972, today...
Failles dans le calcaire du plateau du Larzac (Aveyron, France)