Abu Simbel

753 votes
Taken the 04/04/08
The twin temples were originally carved out of the mountainside during the reign of Pharaoh Ramesses II in the 13th century BC, as a lasting monument to himself and his queen Nefertari, to commemorate his alleged victory at the Battle of Kadesh, and to intimidate his Nubian neighbors. However, the complex was relocated in its entirety in the 1960s, on an artificial hill made from a domed structure, high above the Aswan dam reservoir.
Continue reading +
More information: http://visita3d.com

Latitude: 22° 20' 12" N, Longitude: 31° 37' 32" E see »

Location: Egypt

Type: Country:
Map List

Torilllo

cylinder

By RIO ROJOGold

La Posada

cylinder

By RIO ROJOGold

Millennium Bridge, London

sphere

The Millennium Bridge crosses the River Thames between St. Paul's Cathedral and the Tate Modern Art Museum. Looking around many sites can be seen,...

By John Michael Leslie

Chapter House, Westminster Abbey, London

sphere

(From English Heritage) Built by the royal masons in 1250, the Chapter House of Westminster Abbey was originally used in the 13th century by...

By John Michael Leslie

pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >> >|