The early work of Kuzma Petrov-Vodkin (1902-1905)

2 votos
Tomada el 19/07/11
The building of Wreden Institute of Traumatology and Orthopaedics was constructed by architect Robert Friedrich Meltzer (http://www.encspb.ru/en/article.php?kod=2804007857 ) in Petrogradskaya Side in 1902-1905. It is an example of the rationalistic trend in Art Nouveau architecture with an image of Mother and Child on the facade, majolica made by artist Kuzma Sergeevich Petrov-Vodkin.

Jeremy Howard (http://www-ah.st-andrews.ac.uk/staff/jeremy.html ) wrote in his book "Art nouveau: international and national styles in Europe" (published by Manchester University Press in 1996) : "The diversity of Meltser's approach, as well as his mastery, were simultaneously expressed in the Orthopaedic Institute building (1902-5) which was an early example of the rationalist trend. However, the chapel in pressed brick and with staggered flat roofs, incorporated a Vrubelesque majolica panel of the Virgin and Child. This was the design and first major work of Kuzma Petrov-Vodkin, a young discovery of Meltser's who was be engaged on the decoration of many of his projects. The tiles were executed and installed by specialists from the London branch of the Doulton (http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Doulton ) pottery company. Petrov-Vodkin supervising the early stages of manufacture in Lamberth (http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lambeth )." (page 155)
Continuar leyendo +

Autor:

Andrew Varlamov
Miembro Plata
Distinguido

Latitud: 59° 57' 13" N, Longitud: 30° 19' 11" E ver »

Deja tu comentario:

[ * ] = campos obligatorios.
Tu nombre: *
El campo de correo electrónico es obligatorio, pero no aparecerá publicado en la página web.
Tu correo electrónico: *
Tu página web:
Tu comentario: *