Wall of the Monastery of Our Savior and Transfiguration in Yaroslavl

21 votos
Tomada el 05/01/11
During the history of the Monastery, numerous reconstructions changed the defensive buildings. The earliest stone walls and towers were erected in 50s of the 16th century. After the military events of the beginning of the 17th century, new fortress walls were raised. Fragments of these fortifications remain until now: the Water Gates, the Tower of the Virgin (1623) and the Uglich Tower, and also curtain wall between them.

Through arrowslit the Church of the Epiphany (http://www.yarmp.yar.ru/index.php?title=Church_of_the_Epiphany&;uselang=en ) is visible.
Continuar leyendo +

Autor:

Andrew Varlamov
Miembro Plata
Distinguido

Latitud: 57° 37' 17" N, Longitud: 39° 53' 14" E ver »

Lugar: Russian Federation

Deja tu comentario:

[ * ] = campos obligatorios.
Tu nombre: *
El campo de correo electrónico es obligatorio, pero no aparecerá publicado en la página web.
Tu correo electrónico: *
Tu página web:
Tu comentario: *