The Petrovsky Hall - interior in baroque style

11 votos
Tomada el 15/10/09
The Petrovsky Hall of the Twelve Collegiums Building (http://www.virtual.aanet.ru/eng/enter/gu_zhist.htm ) (1722-1742) is
the only 18-th century interior to survive the renovation of 1830s. The ornamental interior decoration, preserved in  Petrovsky hall (http://www.spbu.ru/about/hall/petro-hall/ ), was executed in 1736 by the Rossi Brothers (stoneworkers and sculptors) C. van Boles (cabinetmaker), and Grigoriis Musikiysky (http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grigoriis_Musikiysky ) and Andrey Matveyev (http://www.abcgallery.com/M/matveev/matveev.html ) (painters).

Nowadays ceremonies and scientific conferences are held here. Today chief editor and director of printing house are glad to hand shake because they present just issued book of scientific articles written by local historians about siege of Leningrad (http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Leningrad ) .
Continuar leyendo +

Autor:

Andrew Varlamov
Miembro Plata
Distinguido

Latitud: 59° 56' 25" N, Longitud: 30° 18' 1" E ver »

Lugar: St Petersburg, Russian Federation

Deja tu comentario:

[ * ] = campos obligatorios.
Tu nombre: *
El campo de correo electrónico es obligatorio, pero no aparecerá publicado en la página web.
Tu correo electrónico: *
Tu página web:
Tu comentario: *