Wall of the Monastery of Our Savior and Transfiguration in Yaroslavl

21 votes
Prise le 05/01/2011
During the history of the Monastery, numerous reconstructions changed the defensive buildings. The earliest stone walls and towers were erected in 50s of the 16th century. After the military events of the beginning of the 17th century, new fortress walls were raised. Fragments of these fortifications remain until now: the Water Gates, the Tower of the Virgin (1623) and the Uglich Tower, and also curtain wall between them.

Through arrowslit the Church of the Epiphany (http://www.yarmp.yar.ru/index.php?title=Church_of_the_Epiphany&;uselang=en ) is visible.
Continue reading +

Auteur:

Andrew Varlamov
Distinguish Silver
Member

Latitude: 57° 37' 17" N, Longitude: 39° 53' 14" E see »

Localisation: Russian Federation

Laissez un commentaire:

[ * ] = informations obligatoires.
Nom: *
L'adresse e-mail est obligatoire, mais ne figurera pas sur le site.
Adresse E-mail: *
Votre page Web:
Votre commentaire: *