View of New Holland Island from the side of Kryukov canal

11 votes
Prise le 19/02/2010
Founded by a decree of Peter the Great in 1721, New Holland, which has an area of over 7.6 hectares, was used for drying timber used in shipbuilding during the 18th and 19th centuries, and in 2004 was turned over to the city of St. Petersburg by the Russian Defense Ministry. The results of a subsequent tender to develop the island were announced in 2006, with ST New Holland LLC, now part of the Russian Land Implenia joint venture in real estate development, emerging victorious with a project designed by Lord Norman Foster (http://www.fosterandpartners.com/News/224/Default.aspx ).

Read full story in article by Yevgeny Rozhkov -http://www.sptimes.ru/index.php?action_id=2&;story_id=27140
Continue reading +

Auteur:

Andrew Varlamov
Distinguish Silver
Member

Latitude: 59° 55' 46" N, Longitude: 30° 17' 32" E see »

Localisation: ????? ?????-?????????, Russian Federation

Panoramas by Andrew Varlamov Silver

Type: Country:
Map List

Street near the Grand Canal

sphere
30 votes

Place des Vosges

sphere
10 votes

Achievements of GraFFFest 2013

sphere
10 votes

The 75-meter high chimney of The Red Banner Textile Factory ( www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Banner_Textile_Factory ) was painted in July 2013  by...

Marfo-Mariinsky Convent

sphere
30 votes

Manor of Averkiy Kirillov (1657)

sphere
20 votes

Cathedral of Christ the Saviour ( www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathedral_of_Christ_the_Saviour ) is visible on the opposite bank of the Moscow river.

Priory Palace

sphere
10 votes

Pavlovsk Park in winter

sphere
20 votes

Lion's Bridge

sphere
20 votes

Lion's Bridge is a 28-meter-long pedestrian bridge over the Griboedov Canal in Saint Petersburg.

Faro di Murano

sphere
20 votes
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >> >|
Voir tous les auteurs » Find out more about Andrew Varlamov »