Monasterio de Po Lin, Interior.

33 votes
Prise le 14/10/2008
Po Lin Monastery (traditional Chinese: 寶蓮禪寺, Literally "Precious Lotus Zen Temple") is a Buddhist monastery, located on Ngong Ping Plateau, on Lantau Island, Hong Kong.

The monastery was founded in 1906 by three monks visiting from Jiangsu and was initially known as "The Big Hut". It was renamed to its present name in 1924. The main temple houses 3 bronze statues of the Buddha representing his past, present and future lives as well as many Buddhist scriptures.

Tian Tan Buddha, a giant Buddha statue completed in 1993, is an extension of the monastery.

The Ngong Ping 360, consisting of the Ngong Ping village and a gondola lift running between Tung Chung and Ngong Ping, was built near to the Po Lin Monastery.

This Monastery is also famous for making wooden bracelets, that are only sold near the Tian Tan Buddha statue.
Continue reading +

Latitude: 22° 15' 20" N, Longitude: 113° 54' 28" E see »

Localisation: Hong Kong

Laissez un commentaire:

[ * ] = informations obligatoires.
Nom: *
L'adresse e-mail est obligatoire, mais ne figurera pas sur le site.
Adresse E-mail: *
Votre page Web:
Votre commentaire: *