Ura Kidane Mehret Church another side, Near Bahardar, Ethiopia.
The convent was founded in the 14th century by the saint Betre Mariyam (Amharic "Rod of Mary"), although the present circular church dates from the 16th century. Its wall are decorated with numerous murals painted between 100 and 250 years ago; subjects include Negus Tekle Haymanot of Gojjam and his followers. The most significant were painted by Alaqa Engida during the reign of Emperor Menelik II. The church has its treasury in a nearby outbuilding, which contains the richly embroidered robes of Negus Tekle Haymanot and his wife Laqetch Gegre Mehdin, as well as the crowns of Emperor Yohannes IV, Emperor Tewodros II, Negus Tekle Haymanot, and Emperor Tekle Giyorgis.
The Golden Rock, a very important pilgrimage site for Buddhist people, appears about 1100 meter above sea level up in the deep green Kyaikhtiyo...
Aarogyam - view from the entrance to the complex
16 de Febrero de 2014, Nieve en Tejeda, Isla de Gran Canaria