Wall of the Monastery of Our Savior and Transfiguration in Yaroslavl

21 votes
Fatta il 05/01/2011
During the history of the Monastery, numerous reconstructions changed the defensive buildings. The earliest stone walls and towers were erected in 50s of the 16th century. After the military events of the beginning of the 17th century, new fortress walls were raised. Fragments of these fortifications remain until now: the Water Gates, the Tower of the Virgin (1623) and the Uglich Tower, and also curtain wall between them.

Through arrowslit the Church of the Epiphany (http://www.yarmp.yar.ru/index.php?title=Church_of_the_Epiphany&;uselang=en ) is visible.
Continue reading +

Autore:

Andrew Varlamov
Distinguish Silver
Member

Latitudine: 57° 37' 17" N, Longitudine: 39° 53' 14" E see »

Luogo: Russian Federation

Lascia il tuo commento:

[ * ] = campi obbligatori.
Il tuo nome: *
Il campo posta elettronica è obbligatorio, ma l'indirizzo e-mail non sarà publicato nella pagina Web.
La tua e-mail: *
La tua pagina web:
Il tuo commento: *