The early work of Kuzma Petrov-Vodkin (1902-1905)
Jeremy Howard (http://www-ah.st-andrews.ac.uk/staff/jeremy.html ) wrote in his book "Art nouveau: international and national styles in Europe" (published by Manchester University Press in 1996) : "The diversity of Meltser's approach, as well as his mastery, were simultaneously expressed in the Orthopaedic Institute building (1902-5) which was an early example of the rationalist trend. However, the chapel in pressed brick and with staggered flat roofs, incorporated a Vrubelesque majolica panel of the Virgin and Child. This was the design and first major work of Kuzma Petrov-Vodkin, a young discovery of Meltser's who was be engaged on the decoration of many of his projects. The tiles were executed and installed by specialists from the London branch of the Doulton (http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Doulton ) pottery company. Petrov-Vodkin supervising the early stages of manufacture in Lamberth (http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lambeth )." (page 155)
Latitude: 59° 57' 13" N, Longitude: 30° 19' 11" E see »
Panoramas by Andrew Varlamov Silver
Lion's Bridge is a 28-meter-long pedestrian bridge over the Griboedov Canal in Saint Petersburg.
Sculpture by Salvador Garcia (2004) inspired by Picasso's painting "Dos Mujeres Corriendo Por La Playa" (two women running to the beach) (1922)
Residental building in the form of the tower was built in 1925 by Spanish architect Daniel Rubio Sánchez (...
Night of Museums 2103 opens courtyard of Saint Petersurg Academy of Arts for visitors.
The Temple to Friendship was built by Charles Cameron between 1780 and 1782 and was, in fact, the first edifice he constructed on arrival in Russia...
The James Simon Gallery will be a new, centrally located visitor centre between the reconstructed Neues Museum (...